Wednesday, January 3, 2024

One more candle

 I got another box via UPS today

Pre birthday present to myself

Another item that I don't need

The 2 I have aren't good enough


Sounds very familiar I should say

Instant gratification and the next best thing

I play with my new toy while the luster exists

Today's prize possession is tomorrow's old news


Happy birthday to me

I've lost my only real present

I've unwrapped my happiness

For a less than shiny toy


Another year has gone by

Seems like 10 just ask my body

I won't celebrate or make a fuss

Forgive me for losing my pot of love


I'm not bitter or angry with life

My anger is tempered when I can write

I see all those pictures and hear those songs

Thumbing through and sing along


I can cry me a river and Wipe away the tears

Rise from the ashes where I used to sit

Wait for a call or a text

Play " Baby come back" and see what happens? I'm pathetic 


No comments:

Post a Comment