Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Sing me to sleep

 I can hear the songs in my head

Mumble under my breath

I tap to a rhythmic verse

My eyes feeling like sandbags


When I look around this familiar room

This was always where we would gather

It was once a fun place to be

Now I call it my home


Each night as days come to an end

The memories of our safe room

Packed with love and puppy Drew

What a beautiful sight


Now the home of childhood times

It belongs to my love

You gave me love and everything you had

And then you were made to buy me out


I'm not going say shoulda,woulda,coulda

I will own the mess that I made

And try to find my place

I get $1 for every mistake now I'm a millionaire 


When the sun rises tomorrow

I will be showered with birthday wishes

My only wish I pray comes true

Is one of my birthday wishes, is one that comes from you 

No comments:

Post a Comment