Thursday, January 11, 2024

Stay Busy

 The house is empty now

Just me to let the mind wander

Trying to stay on the happy side of the street

Listening to music, looking at cameras


Researching online chocolate cake

I make a very decadent chocolate ganache cake

But I feel I need to change it up a tad

Make it richer and texturally more robust


Passions for baking and cooking in general

Were always things We were into

She made the cookies and occasional pecan chocolate pie

I made the cakes in 4 different flavors


Now I'm trying to perfect frostings and the perfect ganache

It's an ongoing experiment that has tasty failures

It's another passion that I need to perfect

But like most everything I do requires more work


The holidays are over but left me some presents

The gift of 10 extra pounds that must go away

I'll work towards this goal with a heavy heart

This was always something we did together.

No comments:

Post a Comment