Saturday, January 20, 2024

Now My Puppy!

 It's so strange how there reminders that take you to a familiar place

Driving around I see remnants of my recent history

A restaurant, a coffee shop, the corner gas station

Some things you just can't avoid


Looking down at my phone was very painful

My wallpaper of my wife and I on our cruise for our anniversary

It was a great happy time for us both

I couldn't keep seeing our photo so I switched it out


Now it have my nearly 4 year old puppy on my phone

He's our Covid puppy and we got him when he was 8 weeks from a rescue

He is loaded with energy and loves the world

He's our Drew Dog, the best puppy I know


We built him his own framed pitched roof dog house

Has Drew across the front door

I miss my little Drew dog, but he's not little at 70 lbs

I would love to kiss him and rub his tummy right now


The boy could play ball for 45 minutes only stopping for water breaks

I'm so glad Terria has him to love on and give her support

I've lost more than the perfect wife

I've lost my childhood home and the few friends I had

Now my adorable loving Drew dog


It's getting harder to see his picture every time I reach for my phone

I will need to replace him soon with a picture I've taken

To my wife, friends and my adorable Drew Dog

My losses are warranted and I will have to live and die with that


No comments:

Post a Comment