Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Dad,Jan 15, 1984

 This song is a tribute to my dad who passed 40 years ago just after my 21st birthday, I'm now 61 and seems like that day was yesterday.. That day was the absolute worst day of my life. It was for a long time, only to be surpassed here recently by another huge loss in my life. Dad was from the great generation, he joined the Army At 16 doctoring up a birth certificate. He was captured in the Philippines by Japanese Army and spent 3 1/2 years as a POW in a prison camp in Mukdin Manchuria working in a coal mine or be killed. He was Liberated summer of 1945 shortly after we dropped the bombs and Japanese surrendered. My father weighed 87 lbs when freed, he was one of the healthier ones. All these men are heroes to me , especially my dad who came home broken man with severe PTSD called shell shock back then. The stories were brutal but he did the best he could. This song is for all of us who lost our fathers and all of our service members who lost their lives. God bless


No comments:

Post a Comment