Thursday, January 18, 2024

Moving Forward?

 We've been blessed with some sunshine and warmer weather

It is a good day to be alive

Sure beats the alternative for sure

Got to get outside and work on my color


I've had some interesting days here recently

My thoughts are looking forward

Not stuck on where I am today

But more focused towards healing


I don't expect this to happen real soon

But I have to start somewhere , why not here and now

I can't gauge how the other half feels these days

We haven't spoken in weeks


My concerns are still the same as they were months ago

The healing and movement forward will continue 

If I could hear a laugh or see a smile

Maybe too early in the game for that


I cannot pinpoint the recent changes

My feeling will always stay the same

I would be home tomorrow

If she would open the doors again


I really am trying to be realistic about it all

I continue to fall short in many areas

Maybe it's better that I be alone

The only walls I will break down will be my own


I never wanted to hurt anyone

I definitely didn't want to hurt the one I Love

Choices are suspect and guilty of every crime

But I chose to live the lie and cast her heart aside


I can only try to control today

The past is killing me and I can't stop the bleeding

It's over now there's no turning back

This Tornado of emotions has beaten me down





No comments:

Post a Comment