Friday, January 19, 2024

Are you OK

 How are you doing?

How are you feeling today?

I get so caught up in my own sadness

I know you're hurting too


I can't communicate with you

You won't talk to me

I can't see you

The sight of me repulses you


Where do we go from here?

How can we make this a healthier environment

Make the anger and disappointment subside enough

So I can hear how you are doing today


I surely miss the things I took away from myself

Missing my wife and my kids

It's early on and I realize

That a conversation will not be happening soon


I want so bad to hear your voice without the anger

I would love to see you laugh again

I miss not only my family but my former friends

Who have buried me with no return


What would I say to you if you were in front of me now

I'm not sure it would be easy to say

Stuck in a world of guilt and deceit that I brought to you.

I know I'm sorry has already been established


If you read what I'm saying

you know there's a better man inside

My troubles and issues were never because of you

My happiness was never in question you brought me so much joy


It's truly sad to me that this is the only place I'm honest

I could have shared it all with you

You had the answers with a loving ear 

And a huge embrace of support


No comments:

Post a Comment