Friday, November 12, 2010

No More Cake!!!

Just when Terria was finished delivering the Birthday cake for Kevin , my brother in law asks me if we were making a cake for April tomorrow, hadn't planned on it but said sure, no problem. When in fact I am up to my asshole in Cakes and Baking and cooking for the week, this is like cake #5 in in a week and each one takes longer than most people think, throw in waiting for ganache to set and whipping up butter cream and getting the perfect consistency. Waiting for shit to cool off and then after all is said and done, then turn it over to Terria to decorate and do the writing. Tonight's Cake is somewhat easier as it is a simple Lemon Cake with Lemon juice  and Seven up and the replacements for the water in the mix, tastes real lemony and bitter like a lemon and the way Big sis likes it. I am going to put lemon filling in between each layer and on top, Will put Coconut on the edges and be done with cakes for awhile. Did have an overly relaxing day of essentially nothing, did the gym and made/Omelets and home for breakfast afterwards and hung around and was lazy the rest of the day until around 330 when I decided to go and hit golf Balls on Base before it got dark. Then came home and started the cakes for tomorrow, all baked and cooling now, will head in and start the frosting in a few and then try to assemble it and get it ready for tomorrow by having tit finished tonight. I am worn out with the cakes and need about 2 weeks off from baking anything, so i hope the office doesn't request anything to be made here anytime soon because my baking ass is cooked !!! So I should be in the kitchen whipping up Butter cream , Yummy but time consuming and well worth it for the people who love to eat cake. So til later on this evening the keyboard will get a rest and I'm off to the beater!

No comments:

Post a Comment