Monday, October 25, 2010

My Motor

A storm brews from within my city lights
thoughts blowing hard in my mind tonight
even a hurricane has it's eye
If only my mind would give that a try

Nothing painful attacks my borders
everyday that passes restores more order
I see the sun upon the horizon
the morning comes and i see it rising

I wish upon and a fear driven fight
I see the peace and love it day and night
tranquility is a daybreak away
the boat will rock about, and gently sway

Slowing down the machines top gear
oils burning hot and i sometimes fear
the motors finely tune pistons will blow its seal
It's never as simple as i want to feel

a new day and new opportunity
to change the wrongs and make new history
a happy book with a happy end
the wars inside and the grounds i defend

a metaphor and an analogy
my battle grounds of being ME
descriptive and a rich new flavor
so much yet to truly Savor

slow it down and pay it back
give myself another chance
I realize that i have limitations
complexities and abominations

No comments:

Post a Comment