Saturday, July 18, 2020

Sing To Me

Radio plays and I'm not finding a tune
Revert back to my ipod and feel outdated
My catalog has been played to death
The modern scene always brings me back

Eclectic variety from era's gone by
The modern twist is lacking the soul that an older guy needs
I could name a 100 bands that I love today
Maybe 10 from 2015 on

Music is my driving force
Stimulation and exhiliration
Feelings of grandeur and meaningful joy
Long lasting , beyond the moment

I can always hit rewind and feel it again
Riding bikes and motorcycles it's my best friend
Though it may be outdated and long in the tooth
It takes me to my emotional truth

Hundreds of live shows and near the front
Standing , watching and listening and getting lost
Lost in the talents of craftman telling their story
The dreams of every young kid and his never-ending glory

My only wish Is that I had learned to play
Vocally I can only hope
My legendary car and shower shows
What could have been , who will ever know


No comments:

Post a Comment