Thursday, July 9, 2020

Lies

Quoting the Thompson Twins here
LIES ,LIES, LIES Yeah! , they won't forget you
My buddy says " I hate when people lie to me
Yet he voted for the worlds most notorious Liar

Growing up we were taught how to be honest
Yet we learned how to lie
Liars all around us
Good people made bad

Maybe explains why people don't want you to be truthful
Hurts their feeling to be blunt
Tell me what I want to hear
Don't break my heart with the truth

Run away from reality
What is, is not what I want it to be
Ensconced in deceitful ways
Always question, what is truth?

Holy Bible tells us so
Spirituality has been a double edge sword
The people who believe the most
Are the ones that disappoint me so

A turd covered in powdered sugar
Is not a donut, it's still a turd
So Facebook you're the queen of England
And kid yourself you're all that we want to be

The looking glass doesn't lie to you
If you look it in the eye
Reflections and deflections
Taking ownership of what is true


No comments:

Post a Comment