Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Bikeology

I have nothing on my mind today
That blank stare and empty cranium
Rarely do I see this grey area
But it is today and I will deal with it

Days off can lead to apprehension
Too much time on my hands
Too many thoughts gone to rest
Why in the world do the clouds loom overhead

Maybe a two wheeled venture to free the mind
Treat the body to a stress test and soothe
Rolling around in this overworked mind
I have too many choices and feel so listless

Sitting here throwing to ball to Drew
He plays with me more than I play with him
Taunts me and derides me so
Out of arms reach and frustrates my soul

Time to gear up and jump on the saddle
Hearing my bones stretch and rattle
Fluid are the movements and strokes
My water bottles full of promising hopes

Pumping pistons turning over again
Death grip on the handles yet feeling no fear
Music is blaring in a rhythmic way
I click it in and I'm on my way


No comments:

Post a Comment