Wednesday, July 8, 2020

In Tuned

Never loved Elvis
Maybe he was before my time
Not a fan of the Beattles
He loves you Nah Nah Nah

I can soar with the Eagles
and Battle with the Clash
Be real with the Pretenders
And the other Elvis.....Costello

Living with Crowded House
Don't dream it's over
Can't misplace the Replacements
Salt of the "Earth Wind and Fire"

Throwing rocks at the Rolling Stones
Legends can play for too long
U2 is also long in the tooth
Playing the same riff and song

Can't wrap my head around Country music
Can't Rap to save my life, rather be dead!
Boy bands be gone again
Katy Perry go fuck yourself

10000 spoons when all you need is a knife
It's not ironic that you suck too
10000 Maniacs , therapeutic for me
Billy Bragg you are a heroic act

The Wonderstuff...AMAZING
The Levellers, different level altogether
Buffalo Tom moves my soul
Carly Simon and Carole King..Nobody did it better

Brother Johnson and Bruce
The JAM and Joe Jackson
Style Council and the Smiths
The Commodores And Paul Young

Oasis never left me alone
Little River band and Johnny Nash
Sing me a song Mr. Piano man
Bush, Nirvana and Soundgarden

Prefab sprouts and The Chili Peppers
Suzanne Vega and Tears for fears
Steely Dann and Theory of a Deadman
Hollis Brown and Aztec Camera

Eclectic list of an important element
That which drives me and helps me sustain
I listen , I learn and realize the importance of music in my life
If life were as simple as choosing a good song. Oh shit!, forgot REM!




No comments:

Post a Comment