Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Dreams

 I keep having the recurring dream

I wake up next to you

I wake up to the fact you're not

So I cry myself to sleep again 


The misery that burns inside

Scorching pains that won't subside

Does this pain go away? 

I tell myself it won't


Memories are all I feel

Goodness of you in the house

That's all gone now I can't accept

I ruined my marriage and my wife


The guilt is killing me

Much more than my ailments

The empty feelings deep inside

My selfish ways of coping

 

I walk into this fog today 

Trying to accept reality 

I miss my wife and my life

But my choices have got the best of me


If and when I wake up tomorrow

I have no plans to survive

The loss that I feel inside

Make it impossible to smile again





No comments:

Post a Comment