Saturday, December 2, 2023

Dec 2 2023

This Isn't how I imagined this date

My wife's birthday today

I'm over here she is not 

I want her in my life, she does not want me.


The numerous mistakes and heartaches haunt me

I had every opportunity to do what's right

be the best person I could be

For the best woman I was blessed to know


Retrospect and great memories

Looking back the pains still grow

If I had another chance

I'd fuck that one up too


Today should be a day of celebration.

Like every day before

We should be side by side.

Not waiting by the door


Tomorrow will be here soon enough.

We will both be wide awake.

I wake up to a world of  regrets

And the choices I have made.


I hope that your pains go away soon.

I hope you will forgive me too.

But if you can't I understand

two strangers passing through




No comments:

Post a Comment