Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Tuned Out

 Anybody who knows me well

Will know music is my refuge

I don't play music

I just have an eclectic collection and taste


Music has taken on many meanings today

I've shared my music with both of my spouses

They seemed to enjoy my tastes

With this love comes memories


Many songs I can't play anymore

For spouse #1 Tracy

Joe Jackson's " the other me"

Was a song I could not listen to without sobbing


Added to that list is one more former spouse #2 Terria

Perhaps a dozen songs that I can no longer play

Throw out Style council and Theory of a Deadman

These songs take me to places that were happy, now abandoned warehouses in my head


The fact that i shared many of the same songs with both 

Makes my double failure that much more poignant 

I stopped finding new music around 2012

Nothing new is worth my efforts


Do i play my old songs 

Runaway from a few

Hold onto memories just take away the song

A stretch of highway or a favorite restaurant?


I'm conflicted in my choices

The bad one's I've made

The songs and eateries I can't be a part of

Waiting for a call? But I have a good friend

No comments:

Post a Comment