Saturday, September 7, 2024

The Way It Is

 My resilience is wearing thin

Given in to my my limitations

I realize that the end comes soon

There is nothing I can do


The ending has its' own timeframe

I'm not in a hurry but not afraid

When the Doctor says you'll be alright

You're full of shit now fix my broken body


I somehow find the will to carry on

I find my way to the gym

I struggle get from the car to my first set

I struggle getting to my next machine


This struggle gives me so much joy

I punish myself because I've treated myself before

Overindulgence of the good and the bad

I've reaped the benefits and drawbacks and pay the price today


I've lost my love and I've lost my life

I found my family so very close by

I've realized that the mistakes I've made

Have set her free to live a better life


A life which we planned to die together

A dream broken by a broken man

I'm not proud of my choices but I own them all

And I live in this reality of loss and sadness


In looking forward I can't see too much

The questions asked have yet to be answered

Will I walk again or live with a 4 wheeled friend?

I will die trying and do my part 



No comments:

Post a Comment