Monday, September 30, 2024

My Trigger

 I've really have to stop listening to music

There's a trigger behind every stanza it appears

Driving home from a lunchtime workout

I hear Jessie's Girl on the radio


My immediate reaction was to change the song

My gut reaction was to listen to it start to finish

So I finished the old classic song

Had to wipe my face from tears more than once


The pains are a song or a favorite place away

Surfacing constantly and I 'm always hurting

Maybe I should accept the facts

This is my new normal without her in my life


I realize my mistakes and broken vows

I honestly believe things could have been mended

I also believe I opened the door

For her to be worry free forevermore


Shame on me, shame on you

Pride and ego overshadowed your forgiving ability

I wanted so much another chance

Instead I hold memories and another hard song




No comments:

Post a Comment