Wednesday, September 4, 2024

My New Friend

 I met a new friend here recently

Not a new one in the true sense of the word

But a friend from days gone by

Where mistakes were made and forgiveness was granted


More than a friend but my partner

From a previous marriage we drifted for years

Our boys brought us back together

Now we worry in unison and try to help 


We stand back when we want to jump in

We are on standby to help where needed

my friend and I we talk for hours

Our 3 little boys that we can't get enough


We talk about the boys

 We share our ailments and injuries

Older bodies falling apart

We're not that old what the fuck!


It's really nice to have a sounding board

A familiar soul to understand the past

A person who help us plan our boys future

Just a good outlet to share a thought


Troubled times are in our past

We are sometimes reminded and it still hurts

Remnants of damage left behind 

we're ok but not everyone escaped scott free


I thank you friend for allowing me to speak

I can now hear you and listen well

so much is changing before our eyes

We'll continue to communicate for the first time



No comments:

Post a Comment