Wednesday, September 25, 2024

My Dull Rock

 There's a hammer in my heart

It's not breaking me in two

It's not mending its' fractured shell

It's something there to remind me


When life seems good

You have it all and use it all

But it's not enough

Where can I find me more


There's a diamond rattling in my shoes

It's a diamond but it hurts like hell

So I toss this precious stone by the wayside

I'll find another that I like better


In my search I've found nothing at all

But the reality that I may have made a grave mistake

With all of my resilience and confidence

I look for a stone which shines brighter than before


When reality slaps me in the face

I try to slap it back

The invisible man of wishful thinking

Is flailing in the dark


I've realized there are no more stones

No more diamonds in the rough

I can walk away from a beacon of brightness

And play with the dull rocks at the side of the road


No comments:

Post a Comment