Thursday, September 19, 2024

Aubrey

 I won't Lie , My Aubrey is special

She was my first grandchild 

My precious little Aubrey

Such a joy to look at and hold


My baby girl would laugh with me

Cry with me and make me cry

I can't watch a child cry

It hurts me so much so I cry too


Aubrey's nickname is Aubie Cake

Her first visit to a local deli

Their rotating Cake display at the entryway

She saw one and pointed and said Aubie Cake


I held her and squeezed her and never called her Aubrey again

My little girl was three years old then

She is 12 today and growing into her own

I am missing that growth


Taking Aubrey away from me is taking a part of my soul

Papa did a horrible thing

I'm being punished for something that doesn't involve Aubrey

But parents will protect their kids how they see fit


Losing my Terria was hard enough

Losing my Aubie Cake is too hard to take

I miss her hugs and pinching her cheeks

I called her cheeks biscuits,  they were so fluffy


Papa loves her so much

Papa should have protected his pot of gold

Now I sit here wondering to myself

Will they ever let me see my baby again


Aubrey ,Papa sends his tight hugs and kisses

My love will never fade away even if I don't get to see you

I just want you to be the best that you can

Papa is very sad but very proud of his Aubie Cake



No comments:

Post a Comment