Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Free From Me

 I'm not angry at the people I've loved

I'm not sad that they stopped loving me

When they yell Bomb ,you run

So they ran to a better place


I feel a sense of calm in my personal storm

I loved so much but never loved myself enough

There is a sense of tranquility 

Knowing that the ones I've loved are better now


I have never complained

I have never placed blame

All fingers were directed at me

I manned up and took one in the Balls


I will say the past few years have been difficult

The past 10 months have brought me much pain

Yet there is a sense of freedom 

Freedom from the worry of hurting and disappointing ever again


Rather than trying to offer up reasons

I have no excuses to go with my lack of reasoning

I have learned more about myself during this time

I know people are better off without me


I hear and song lyric

"Whenever you're on my mind"

I smile and know we loved this song

I don't run from memories I embrace them


I may be a bit somber

But I'm a better person now

A prisoner locked up 

Can never hurt another again


So when my messages go unanswered

I know one day you will answer 

Life is the way it should be

No worries no hurries just free from me


No comments:

Post a Comment