Monday, January 17, 2011

Very Tranquil Holiday Monday

It is a very relaxing Monday morning, off for the holiday and looking forward to getting back to work tomorrow and start a new year year with a new healing knee and a better disposition of things to come.  Football season cannot end soon enough and neither can Basketball season,I await the beginning of my beloved Baseball campaign which is around the corner in less than 2 months. Today will bring us a bit of confusion I think,not really sure what we want to do, or if we want to attempt to do anything. After 2 day at the gym, the knee feels great, swollen and a little tight but feeling better every 1/2 day, seems to make more and more progress and I'm pretty proud of the fact that i have yet to take a pain pill for there really hasn't been any pain at all,I've had days after hitting balls and working out where i thought I needed a pain pill but this surgery is amazingly simple and easy to recover from. i have yet to watch the DVD on the surgery and why I ever will i don't know, he gave me the before and after pictures and I'm cool with all of that and won't watch the video of the stupid thing. feeling better and looking so forward to more mobility and a new set of parameters at the gym which will open up more doors for better , quicker fitness for the new year. My Mom is doing better after her fall and Tim and Ape, Terria Brandon and i went to Anaheim Hills last night for the best Burger in my life, Slaters 50/50 cafe which makes ground bacon and includes that into it's ground beef and cooks them to perfection with dozens of build it yourself options which include 1/3 lb -full lb burgers, the weights of the burgers are after cooked weights so they are huge and tasty and worth every calorie inside. We drove 185 miles last night round trip for a  burger and was well worth the hour and a half wait, sat in their bar had a few incredible appetizers and enjoyed a non alcoholic beer with my brother in Law Tim. The Peanut Butter and Jelly Burger was the favorite of the night but i stayed more conventional and enjoyed the savory flavor of bacon and beef mixed together very well. The place reeked of the OC and plastic people were all around but i was there for the food, not to make new friends. So that was great got home at 1130 after leaving for Anaheim hill at 6 from the Nard, very compacted yet longish night but very well spent evening with the ones I love. I  feel a lot better today and have abit of energy that only the gym makes go away, so I will confer with My Honey and see what she wants to do, maybe take her to the range to hit Golf balls at the base, I'd love to practice my putting a little and chip a few too, but the day is relatively young and no rush to get it going as of yet! Good Times ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment