Thursday, January 20, 2011

Friends, Doctors and Motorcycles

A very nice but windy day in the Nard today, should hit 70 degrees and be very do able for the weekend upcoming. I have a somewhat full plate today, leaving work at 2:30 for my 3:20 appointment with Dr. OHalloran in Ventura to look at the knee and take the stitches off my 4 holes he poked into my knee last Friday. The knee feels great , a little swollen still and tight, but no pain and not really an issue, can't wait to try it out in a week or so when the swelling goes completely away. So the Dr. should be pleased with my progress and the healing is well on it's way. Then make my trek over the the gym and workout with Terria and sweat a little and burn some energy since i took yetserday off from Bally's. Then i have a night out with Morales and share the past 4 weeks with him and hope to get a little closer to where we need to be, we shall see i do enjoy the visits with Michael as he is always so insightful and helpful with some of his relative stories which always give the living examples of the theories of things as they relate to real life issues. tonight should bring something to the table but i don't know what. The other thing weighing in on me now is whether or not to buy another motorcycle, my passion will always be riding the motorcycle and I've been eyeing my ducati again at Proitalia in Glendale and am heading there on Friday to look at a few bikes, looking at a nearly new Ducati 848 superbike, the little brother to the 1198 superbike but plenty fast and nimble for me at this stage in my riding career. 2 years ago i would have scoffed at anything less than the biggest, fastest ,most powerful horsepower beast out there , i've always had the quickest bike in my garage and the fastest rider has always been me. well a new age has dawned and I'm looking for a mere 130 horsepower and a 165 mph top speed instead of 180 hp and 185mph top speed, it's all relative and but will never ride at the level i once did and will enjoy the road more and the trips. With that being said i will go with Terria to Pro italia and look at what they have , have a nearly new 848 in mind wth only 1200 miles and a real good deal, the best sounding bike is a v-twin ducati which is really a great thing to be on . owning a Ducati already they can be tempermental and little things tend to go wrong, hoses and clamps and simple things so i am ready for the Italian whore to have little issues if any at all. not ready for a cruiser bike yet still ride way too fast to ride like a cruiser would allow me to. But they are pretty and they are comfy to ride, just not there yet!!! oneday i suppose. So I will seriously contemplate this purchase , weigh out the pros and cons and proceed with whatever we decide to do. So today is a very good one, although I go through it with some trepidations for my friend Erwin is having a rough go of it now and has some real family issues he must deal with and i wish i could help him but I can't. what i would do and what he chooses to do are two different world, this man works so hard and provides so much that it hurts me to see him hurting like this. a real sad thing and i only offer my ear, my shoulder and my friendly advise  to a friend down in the dumps. So God Bless us all, having a great day and so very thankful for my travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment