Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I Spew, I speak , I conquer!

I'm tired of failing
I'm tired of falling
So tired of losing the plot

I'm wired for widsom
so very abysmal
to waste it on myself

So shocking to fail me
too weak to assail me
just get up off the floor

I see the bridge crossing
the other side of righteousness
and a pit full of dirt

I see the small boy
lost without his toys
and a peaceful place to fight

A punch in the face
a simple disgrace
but a bruise to try to explain

A hug and a hold
a squeeze and a pull
an eruption waiting to happen

I see the seas glisten
but i never listen
to the sound of my own mind

no telephone calls
half torn down walls
and a heart displayed on the floor

my master plan
to hold your hand
til the day I do pass

no worries of health
I'm doing my part
just grinding it everyday

my world is so small
how can i ever fall
into a trap of being undeserving

So next time i fall
a punch in the Jaw
a ride into a blizzard laden sunset

my hopes and my dreams
living in the extremes
I thankful yet I question?

tomorrow is so damn bright
another inner fight
and a lost grab bag of shit

so easy to talk
the efforts to walk
perseverance is my new hero

I'm so over my past
temporary never lasts
but my Timex keeps on ticking

I love the way i'm loved
so I continually look above
I'm thankful yet too human

Focus on what is
planning for what will be
and learning from what was

I grab and squeeze you back
call my conscience from attack
and allow the goodness to be mine

yesterdays will never come back
or the ubiquitous grab bag
but growth can never cease

I'm so in love with my true love
can never run from the daily shove
and being accepting is my new affirmation

so there you have it from that couch
not a loser or a slouch
just a man trying to get his shit together

each day brings me new trials
tribulations and potential victories
positivity replaces my doubts

Thanking God in advance
the never ending chance
to find my place and hold it right

No comments:

Post a Comment