Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A day in my life

WOW! my first Gym workout in 6 days, that hasn't happened in awhile! For me to take 1 day off is extreme, i went almost 50 days straight without a day off, including the day of and after I blew my good knee out. It felt good to get back into a routine of work, gym ,shower up and back to work, don't know if Ballys will get a visit i did it pretty good at lunchtime and thus missed a great potluck of food that is bad for me! Still hard to believe that this time yesterday i was sitting in Raleigh North Carolina airport coffee shop talking to a Southern Belle about the world and her funny way of speaking, come to find out she was meeting a long lost love of hers and was beaming with excitement and anticipation, the same anticipation i was feeling getting ready to board and head back to L.A to meet my wonderful wife and best friend in the world. The rest of this day brings very little, Terria has open house tonight at school, Brandon is in culinary class til 7 pm tonight so i will be a Bachelor til about 8 and will relax ,take a hot shower, make myself a reasonable dinner and enjoy the solitude that days like today bring. I am missing Shawn a bit today , texted him and thanked him and his family again for the hospitality that they have always given me and my family. I am very happy and so blessed to have what I have in my life at this time, i wrote another poem after last post and really felt it hit the essence of what i am trying to accomplish as a husband, a man and a person who had lost his way a bit in areas that i usually don't...reality and common sense. But as a flawed man i can hang my hat on my mistakes and use my trophy case of bent and tattered brims as a building block to recovery and repair to a form fitting Greg that wears well !

No comments:

Post a Comment