Tuesday, August 3, 2010

My Susan and Terria

Received a text from my sister in law Susan Duran this morning, a long lost conclusion of family history was brought to bear and she jumped on it and instantly supported my hurts and pains of 24 years ago, the birth of my Son Brandon and the wave of uncertainty that ensued, not knowing all the behind scenes from my sometimes vicious mother who says before she thinks sometimes. Susan got wind of my mothers statement to me some 24 years ago and felt horrible, knowing that I was the best dad that Brandon could ever have, she was very hurt for me and felt horrible knowing that carried this burden and she knew nothing of it, So f course I felt horrible for her and told her that I loved her honesty and support for all of us as long as I have known her. Thank you lord for giving me this wonderful woman to give of herself and give her love to my awesome Brother Rich and sharing the goodness with us all. Ten just minutes later the support keeps rolling in, My Terria calls me and says to me, whats going on, you seem a little down and she read a facebook post and wondered If there was something that she could do, we had spoken of cancelling our Tahoe trip last night and doing something else , Monterrey came up as did San Diego, My wife knows that I hate Weddings and that it seems like such a waste of time and money, which Is why our wedding was an 8 minute ceremony ,quick, 25 people and a simple reception, not trauma drama of a hall and caterers,so the trip to a full blown wedding with relatives that we dont know seemed like a downer for us. But after talking with her it would mean a lot to my Cuz for us to show and to hang with the few we know and she is right, putting somebody Else's feeling first is not a bad thing in this case, besides we will be with our 2 favorite party people ,Tim and April so all is well. We are packing as I write for a 5 day excursion and know we will have a great time.Dammit I hate weddings and she knows I am biting the bullet here but would support me either way, as she always says,As long as we are there together, doesn't matter where we are. So my little morning funk of feeling angry quickly subsided before 11 am this morning with the love that my family shares on a daily basis, Thanks to Terria and to Susan for allowing me to vent, as and those who know me well, I vent alot here writing and this therapy of sharing my thoughts and emotions is just that, sharing and giving of myself by being honest with my emotions! Thanks O wife O' mine for allowing me to communicate by using this forum to spew and by reading my posts on a daily basis and being so supportive of all that I do on a daily basis.I am glad that you enjoy reading what I write... I suppose we can talk about that motorcycle later on !!!!!! Love to my family.

1 comment:

  1. I've checked my baggage on the floor
    time and distance brings me more
    strength in character and time to grow
    I see suns rising and see a glow

    my shaky headaches from time to time
    lines in the sand so clearly defined
    I've grown as a person and a man
    mistakes were made and you held our your hand

    slowly walk into the night
    choices abounded to get them right
    I see the light from my tunnels' blight
    cleary viewed with my new found sights

    I thank you lord for strength you share
    giving love of concerns and care
    lift me up if you dare
    my elevators broken so I take the stairs

    blessed is the man who loves his life
    to deal with the heartache and the strife
    everyday gifts showered upon my soul
    tomorrows no different so I assume the role

    ReplyDelete