Thursday, August 19, 2010

My life's Wheel

been driving down a dusty road
looking for some pavement
stability seeks out my tires
to get a grip on the days ahead

driving for awhile now
the eyes are getting weary
looking at my lifes road signs
which exit takes me home

staring out behind this wheel
this roadtrip that I reap
looking at the deserts floor
and promises to keep

I promise myself to be myself
and forever hold the truth
a left turn on the horizon now
the sign post reads Happy valley

Happiness and loneliness
forever worlds apart
I stop for rest and for gas
And will drive til i get it right

A nightly conversation with the saint
my love , my life, my wife
a nightly ritual we cannot escape
for she will never leave my side

Blessed is this man who hold the truth
right next to him at night
blessed is this Greg Duran fool
who almost lost his wife

The windy roads and hollow tunnels
burrow through my mind
the constant struggle to exploit
my devil deep inside

The light turns red, I see my dad
he tells me where u been?
Driving around in circles Dad
but I think I know where I'm at

That fine Son to know where your at
but you must also know where you're going
So I turn around and find myself
and realize i had no direction

So i drive along and reach the crest
I see my life's Space Needle
I am so close to reach the top
and Patience grounds my ascent

Tomorrows and yesterdays
the learning curves of my life
the bumpy roads and detour signs
life lessons that have brought me to the edge

looking over the roads steep ledge
I step on back and ponder
this off road excursion to reality
a peaceful loving Blunder

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes in life I look outward and see the smog and fog around me, i live a charmed and peaceful life and have been down many mnay dusty roads before. But each road has led me to choices, choices which have not always been good, or propserous, but choice i had control over. the lifes wheel that i write about is a parallel to all that which i have choices, every life choice is an opportunity to make a difference, good or bad, but i own up to my choice , my mistakes and my triumphs and cannot look back but to learn from , and to grow fromthat which has helped me, and hurt me and others. So i progress onwarsd in not beating myself up over things that have happened, as a child, young adult and as a grown man i am human and know that i have a higher being and some world class family and friend sto help me pave the smoother roads so that driving them will no longer take me to detours and roads with dark, deep tunnels of uncertainty. i love where I've been and i love where I'm at, i know God will help me to love where I'm going, God bless you Terria, My Family and my crew for being the love that I cannot always give to myslef, for I am my own worst critic ,i am also my own best friend! God bles thos that struggle and that cannot help themselves...yes even Sarah Palin

    ReplyDelete