Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Blessed Realities!

I see the world in a different light
the positives may shine too bright
the fighting and the disarray
never seem to come my way????

Why am I so blessed like few others
My family, my love and my beliefs
the wife of mine, my one in a million
scratch my head and wonder how

I am who i am and what i am
don't always like what I've become
I see the mirrors reflection at times
and look away and try to run

Suppression and running amok
working hard to get it done
seeing beyond yesterdays bad choices
listening to re-assuring voices

when the sun goes down i hold my head up high
tomorrows bring about another fight
I seek out to destroy my fears
feeling older than my actual years

My body aches and my head does spin
my thoughts run rampant as suppression sets in
I'm told to feel and not to think
the hardest thing I've ever tried

Cerebral minds never stop
hearts that bleed will eventually cease
I live my life to forever improve
who i am , what i am and how I do it all

Today i read the daily news
Too real and hurtful but still true
this daydream society that we live in now
ill prepared to persevere

So I remember the bannered words upon the wall
The golden rule that stared at me
I hear Frank Schaeffer tell me so
I Try , I give , I love this life

No comments:

Post a Comment