Friday, October 11, 2024

Angels Fly Away

 One of my best friends and allies

I met when I was very young

The queen to my brother

The goodness in us all


Life is about learning

I've learned so much from her

She was raised by an Angel

And became one herself


We share a past of travel

Moving from state to state

They both worked hard 

And are rewarded with each other every day


My wonderful Suzie

I hurt and disappointed her so much

I never thought I could disappoint so much

Now I've lost two of my best friends


The hurt and shock to her system

Processing very very slowly

I can't fix this broken relationship either 

Take another loss to my soul


She would check on me frequently

Asking if I needed a coffee or snack

I miss those days replaced with no response

But its where this relationship is at


I'm glad Terria has a friend

I've lost them both for what I've done

I have turned my focus in a different direction

The solitude of a two lane highway

No comments:

Post a Comment