Monday, October 14, 2024

It's Just Reality

Nearing midnight I'm wide awake
No sleep aid for me tonight
Just a weary mind with my body dragging behind
I can feel a thought-filled sleepless night

When the morning comes I'm thankful 
One day closer to where I want to be 
A day closer of where I'm needed
Not just another day

I look to my past which is now my future
My boys so close yet farther than I need
My feeling of desperation subsides 
To the realities of many unknown facts

My family had adopted me 
Taken me in and held me close
Someday soon I'll cut my loving ties
A trip to somewhere and nowhere at all

I held out my hand once, it was slapped down
I held out my hand a second time
I chopped the other hand to make it right
No hands ,no rings just wasted dreams

Feeling a dizzy spin in my head today
I went for a lonely drive today
The tight and twisty roads of my life
Where I had tempted death before

It brought out exhilarating emotions
My ear pieces with music blaring loud
With each turn something deadly warned
So I sold the bikes and tried to grow up

So much shared and how much I cared
To include you in my hobbies 
You gave your all before our fall
Tattoos that no longer exist 

I saw a picture on the mantle
Which made me proud and sad all in one
A journey that I should have shared with you
But instead it's dinner for one

A day away,a world away
It all feels the same to me
A child loses their innocence in life 
While a man tries to ruin his own

No comments:

Post a Comment