Thursday, October 10, 2024

Consequence

 I've tried so hard to hold back

To negativity and the bitterness

I've broken so many things in my life

I have no one here to blame


My wife and children left me

I didn't agree but I understand

I wanted to fix my broken parts

Where would I start I was never given that chance


In talking to people 

They all say the same thing

You've made your mistakes and owned them all

Move along and work on your future


My future is retirement

I had 7 grandchildren now 2

It breaks my heart that I've lost my kids

I would love a chance to hold their hands and squeeze them tightly


My anger is self-directed

Fixated on mending fences and lives

I now realize forgiveness is never coming

I must shrink my world even more


I limit my scope of awareness

My thoughts and worries handpicked for their valor

I can't re-ignite the blown-out flame

So I'll try to start my own forest fire


Goodnight, goodbye maybe see you soon?

I hope your new life is so much better

I've forced your hand to make these changes

I put myself in the world of the unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment