Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Frank Schaeffer's Sex,Mom and God

Finally after buying 2 copies of this amazing book I was able to finish the Book tonight.Frank Schaeffer has been the biggest spiritual influence to me in my nearly 50 year old life and have read nearly everything he has put out to date.After a 6 month lull in reading and a minor break writing here I finally knocked out 2 books this week and feel like a third by Weeks end . Schaeffer's book hits so close to my heart in that it touched on the belief in God and not the book so many get stuck on, the Bible s a great literary work with so many flaws, but don't let the masses hear you say that aloud other wise a stoning and beheading awaits you at the next pancake breakfast. All kidding aside the book was very informative as are the rest of his masterpieces and touch my spirituality and belief in God through practical living and common sense. The words of Schaeffer strike close to my heart and soul as being spiritual and believing in God doesn't have to be a "do as I do for this is the only way a real Christian lives and speaks and breathes, not so with Schaeffer's style of Christianity and belief system. To know that Frank Schaeffer lusted after , or I should say was falling for a younger gal and somehow was able to make sense of it all and prove that we are all capable of bad things, bad thoughts and intentions and actions don't always have to meet at the same ending point. Bravo again Frank Schaeffer and thanks again for responding to my email to you a few weeks back, made my day and  saved the responses you sent me back as a badge of your superstar status that you have become to my understanding of my beliefs and as a positive example of a caring human being through practical living and advise has enriched a man like myself with all of my flaws to realize that we are all capable of good and bad in our lives. I took this statement in the epilogue to heart and read it aloud to my wife Terria and said, this is was very simple yet profound way of thinking , very much like the Golden Rule theory that I have adopted from Schaeffer's writings and teachings, this line means so much to me at this point in my life. "you don't choose anything important ,it just happens. The only choice you have is if you'll make life's accidents work." Very ,very profound and so darn true,, thanks again Frank Schaeffer! And as a side note thanks for recommending Vincent Bugliosi's "Divinity" ,an amazing read along with his "The Prosecution of George W. Bush For Murder" WOW! Next up Bugliosi's Assassination of JFK, a long read but a real stigma for me over the years as this happened when I was merely 10 months old...Good Times!

No comments:

Post a Comment