Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Inclement

I don't scream anymore
I don't fight anymore
You can't fight City Hall
For it is what we have allowed it to become
Shock treatment and Shock value
Medications to assure we are ok
Co-pays and traffic delays
It's what we are expected to call normalcy

Shadow boxing out of paper bags
The shadows win again and the bag it much too tough

We can fight the fight and seek revenge
For what we seek it makes me cringe
That anger lives around the bend
We can hope and pray and try to pretend
That goodness comes in many forms
Clouds are forming and bringing the storms

We can go to work and pay our bills
Bitch about taxes and cold meals
Yell at our neighbors about barking dogs
The homeless pay no taxes and have nothing

Perspective is my very best friend
Giving me a conscience and ability to comprehend
That next time I complain about a trivial event
Punch me in the throat and show me the door 

No comments:

Post a Comment