Thursday, September 10, 2020

Blink Of An Eye

Childhood came and went so quickly
The blink of an eye and Baseball games were over
Bicycle rides with my best friends
Replaced by my solo rides to stay healthy and fit
I won't look back and say "what if"
I am happy with my life the way it is
A better time may not have been had
But I'm where I need to be and where I'm needed

Growing up and growing older
Decisions made  and taking full ownership
Life as I knew it was suddenly changed
Fatherhood at a very young age
My girlfriend and future wife was not what she claimed
She lied and deceived and is now deranged
Clinically psychotic or so it was named
I gave it all and was left with no change

If I could change my world from yesterday
I would have tried to be healthier at a younger age
Years of abuse have caught up to me
My body hurts but I still push through

Looking over the hill I see 
So much ground to cover and things to do
Working until retirement dates
Freedom to climb that hill with ease and grace

I see today as a payment towards tomorrow
Being in good standing the rewards shall too follow
Giving back what has been given to me
Appreciative for my family
Love and support at every turn
We never burn bridges for our returns
I seek out that tranquility that comes from inside
This mind of mine that tries to confide
Allowing loved ones to get in close
Being a burden when it's just showing love
I let you in my kitchen door
Where the flames have erupted and I'm out of water



No comments:

Post a Comment