Monday, June 28, 2010

The Room Is Done

The fun room,play room,TV room ,whatever we are calling it is dependant upon what we are doing in it at any give time. After a fathers day of priming and painting the room a light chocolate brown, we had the boys install the laminate wood flooring and baseboards on the following Saturday. Mission accomplished in 5 hours. Terria and I then went to Urban Home and bought a leather loveseat, couch and chair combo and threw n all in place, a floor lamp and a entertainment center, throw in the 32"TV and the Fios cable box and we are TV ready The room still lack flavor so I need some wall representation and some coverage ,either pictures or something to cover the barren walls. I head out i search of some ideas, I add an end table and a tiered shelf to show off My NFL helmet collection and stach them around the room. I break out some vintage Rock and Roll Posters given to Brandon by my best friend Scott, get this, My 3 favorite bands of all time, The Clash, the Jam and Elvis costello I then figure out how to make the 3 work with 4 empty walls. I sent Brandon the Salzers to pick up a couple of Good Movie picture posters to fill the 2 new frames I bought at Michaels. Brandon headed out and came back with Boondock saints and a Pulp Fiction awesome set of Posters. He framed them I hung them and we are ready for wall installs. I set up all 5 around each wall,with my widest wall getting the movie posters, the Music posters wemt on the other 3 walls. Looked great and set up the mood for the play room. I then put together a Laptop table for Terrias and my Laptops, Done and done and we are set for laptops and await to be used at will. I am using my tall stools for my candle holders/beverage holder/end tales, also bought 2 new throw pillows for the love seat in contrasting style to the couches ,yet sharing the same brown and black color scheme. The throw rugs and runners down and all is set for the maiden run The last poster and frame are straightened and I hit the TV button and boom, Baseball and STeven Strasburg throwing heat on the tube versus the Braves and Chipper Jones Good Fucking Times. I have my room and set aside place to write and listen to music, sing and scream if I so choose to do so. 3 rooms down one more to go, the bedroom is next and look forward to recreating a masterpiece with that one. So I am relaxing, writing from my own play room where Terria and I can hang and talk ad love eah other from across the room ,Good times I tell you

No comments:

Post a Comment