Sunday, June 27, 2010

"The Character Couch"

I expose myself to this strangers ears
I sell my soul to the thoughts of failure
my punishments are self inflicted
tomorrows a day closer to success

I write my thoughts and papers folded
the journal speaks and I hear myself
calling out the world I fled
My Doctor tells me to let her in

I fear encroachment
from every direction
I fear the hands
that I never reach out for

my selfish ways and arrogance
push back the love and take it on myself
I cannot be pleased yet seek to please
this pain and void and the pains I feel

I can walk away even when pushed
I can feel no pains but when I deal them
I seek out answers t the questions I create
I have my own answers but they never work

I thought I was something really cool
I thought! I thought! was my first mistake
the smartest man that I know
is failing at life and his daily tests

I sit across the one I love
listen and watch her writhe in pain
I sit there and cant do a thing
So i listen and cry, and wish to Die

I come so far to see the days
When I could fix and play today
but I no longer fix it all
So I listen to Michael to soften my fall

Im all ears and hope to find
solutions and answers to the worries I've brought
to my world and to my girl
I have your forgiveness and need it all

No comments:

Post a Comment