Monday, February 2, 2015

Clarity

What happens when you seek out truths
And find more than you wanted to?
Reading , writing and open eyed wonderment
Give me more than I bargained for!
A YouTube documentary here, or an editorial there
more information and deductions of what is written
And the deeper meanings in between the lines.
I see too much, I hear too much and I worry too much
about all that I absorb in life.
I can't stop a runaway train
I won't stop feeling your pains
But I do know that I fear the end,
and the unhappy stories to be told.

Feeling the outside pressures and complexities
Faraway world of life's simplicities ,yet I can sense the days ends
come sooner than before
and I see an unwavering persona flapping in the wind
torn and tattered like an old flag put out over and over again
Take it down and start anew, let it rest, let it all go
Alter ego not withstanding, Move ahead and do what you do
The Candy bar dangling in my face I eat it
The mountain roads sweeping dangers,I attack them
And the day will come when a growth and understanding bigger than I
Will take me to real clarity
Where I won't try to figure it all out
Just let the days come and go
Enjoy the sunrise for what it is
a beginning to another opportunity
to enjoy the blessings
instead of thinking myself into a migraine

Tossing that pastry aside
My vices pile up at the front door
As I plow on through ,or step aside
I reach an understanding of calm
realizing my pile is always smaller than next door
Everywhere I look I see despair , hatred and wanting
For everything people don't have they want,
everything they need they fall over
and the sense of entitlement clouds the minds to narrow mindedness
I can see the light
It shines just right
not too blinding nor too dim
It shows me what I need to see
I can see clearly now
Because Johnny Nash just told me so
Thank you Mom , thank you Honey and thank you Johnny
Life is a riot when you don't give a shit about
Shit that doesn't matter




No comments:

Post a Comment